Since it first opened The Merchant Hotel has received wide acclaim from customers, critics and organisations alike. Unparalleled service, superb restaurants and first-class facilities have won the hotel a series of prestigious international awards.
Below are a few of our most recent awards, honours and some reviews to give you a taste of what to expect at The Merchant Hotel.
• AA Notable Wine List award for 2018, 2019, 2020
• AA, The Rosette Award for Culinary Excellence 2018/2019, 2 Rosette (The Great Room Restaurant)
• Irish Craft Cocktail Awards Best Cocktail Bar in Ulster, 2017
• The World Travel Awards, Northern Ireland's Leading Hotel, 2017
• Irish Restaurant Awards, Best Hotel Restaurant in Antrim (The Great Room Restaurant), 2017
• GNI Award Best Same Sex Wedding Venue, 2016, 2017
• AA Five Red Star Rating, 2015 - present day
• Belfast Business Awards Best Hotel, 2015
• AA Spirits Award for Service of Spirits and Cocktails, 2014
• Fodor’s 100 – One of only 11 hotels worldwide in Fodor’s enduring classics category (alongside The Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and The Savoy, London), 2014
• AA Hotel of the Year Northern Ireland, 2013
• Grub Club Best Restaurant (The Great Room Restaurant), 2013, 2018
• Northern Ireland Tourism Awards Best Hotel, 2008, 2012
• International Hotel Awards Best UK Hotel, 2012
• UK Hotel Awards Best UK Hotel, 2011
• Tales of the Cocktail Spirit Awards World's Best Hotel Bar 2009, 2010
• Tales of the Cocktail Spirit Awards World's Best Drink Selection 2009
• Tales of the Cocktail Spirit Awards World's Best Cocktail List 2009
• Imbibe Magazine Best Boutique UK Hotel Bar, 2009
• RICS Award for Excellence in the Built Environment (Major Conservation & Restoration Category), 2008
• Hospitality Ireland Awards Best Boutique Hotel, 2007
Condé Nast Traveller Review - 'The chic 62-room hotel screams exclusivity right down to fine dining at the Great Room Restaurant on the former banking floor'.
TheTaste.ie - 'Affordable Luxury You Won't Want to Leave'.
TheGuardian.com - 'Romance and tasteful opulence'.
TheTelegraph.co.uk - 'Belfast's most luxurious hotel'.
IrishNews.com - 'Offering a taste of what's best about Belfast'.