For bookings between 26th November and 31st December, if there is no online availability on the date/time of your requested booking it does not mean we have no free tables. For live booking advice, please call 028 9026 2710 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, or 028 9023 4888 from 5pm – 11pm.
Since it first opened The Merchant Hotel has received wide acclaim from customers, critics and organisations alike. Unparalleled service, superb restaurants and first-class facilities have won the hotel a series of prestigious international awards.
Below are a few of our most recent awards, honours and some reviews to give you a taste of what to expect at The Merchant Hotel.
• AA Notable Wine List award for 2018, 2019, 2020
• AA, The Rosette Award for Culinary Excellence 2018/2019, 2 Rosette (The Great Room Restaurant)
• Irish Craft Cocktail Awards Best Cocktail Bar in Ulster, 2017
• The World Travel Awards, Northern Ireland's Leading Hotel, 2017
• Irish Restaurant Awards, Best Hotel Restaurant in Antrim (The Great Room Restaurant), 2017
• GNI Award Best Same Sex Wedding Venue, 2016, 2017
• AA Five Red Star Rating, 2015 - present day
• Belfast Business Awards Best Hotel, 2015
• AA Spirits Award for Service of Spirits and Cocktails, 2014
• Fodor’s 100 – One of only 11 hotels worldwide in Fodor’s enduring classics category (alongside The Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and The Savoy, London), 2014
• AA Hotel of the Year Northern Ireland, 2013
• Grub Club Best Restaurant (The Great Room Restaurant), 2013, 2018
• Northern Ireland Tourism Awards Best Hotel, 2008, 2012
• International Hotel Awards Best UK Hotel, 2012
• UK Hotel Awards Best UK Hotel, 2011
• Tales of the Cocktail Spirit Awards World's Best Hotel Bar 2009, 2010
• Tales of the Cocktail Spirit Awards World's Best Drink Selection 2009
• Tales of the Cocktail Spirit Awards World's Best Cocktail List 2009
• Imbibe Magazine Best Boutique UK Hotel Bar, 2009
• RICS Award for Excellence in the Built Environment (Major Conservation & Restoration Category), 2008
• Hospitality Ireland Awards Best Boutique Hotel, 2007
Conveniently located in Belfast’s historic Cathedral Quarter, in the heart of the city. The Merchant Hotel's main reception is accessed via Skipper Street.
The Merchant Hotel has long been admired for its distinctive architectural style, both in its former life as the headquarters of the Ulster Bank and now, in its current incarnation as a five-star luxury hotel.
To help you to choose which space is best for your event we have created a 3D visual of each of our meeting rooms, showing how each of the possible layouts for the room would work.