At The Merchant Hotel, the health and safety of both our guests and staff members is, and has always been, our top priority. During these challenging times we appreciate your support more than ever and would like to reassure you that we are going above and beyond to ensure your wellbeing. We are strictly adhering to government advice and continually monitoring our protocols in line with ongoing updates.
While The Merchant Hotel remains open with a range of social-distancing measures in place for guests, a number of areas of the hotel are now closed in line with the latest government directives. These include The Great Room Restaurant, The Cocktail Bar, The Cloth Ear Pub, The Spa and our Rooftop Gymnasium. The stunning Berts Jazz Bar remains open for hotel residents, with a number of social-distancing practices put in place along with increased cleaning initiatives to ensure the safety of our guests.
Within the hotel, cleanliness and hygiene has always been of the utmost importance, however we have significantly increased our daily cleaning and introduced a rigorous disinfecting regime thanks to our dedicated Housekeeping team. Here are just a few of the initiatives we’ve put in place throughout the entire Merchant Hotel.
- All areas of the hotel are cleaned and thoroughly sanitized on a daily basis using Oxivir disinfectant spray. Oxivir is a highly effective disinfectant which is used in hospitals and has been formulated specifically for controlling pathogen outbreaks and cleaning ‘high-risk’ infection areas.
- All “high-touch” areas are now being treated with additional disinfectant daily (public door handles, etc). - We are restructuring our seating arrangements to improve social distancing, introducing single-use menus, removing shared condiments from tables in favour of single-use, and strictly limiting customer numbers.
- Hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap is available in all common areas and restrooms for your use, as well as all staff areas.
- Staff have been trained in the use of our Oxivir disinfectants as well as personal and environmental hygiene protocols and are proactively preventing the spread of Covid-19.
- We are restructuring our seating arrangements to improve social distancing, introducing single-use menus, removing shared condiments from tables in favour of single-use, and strictly limiting customer numbers.
- We will continue to ensure that hygiene and cleanliness remain our top priority throughout every facet of our operation.
Needless to say, if unfortunately you are feeling ill or have a compromised immune system, please stay safe and adhere to government guidelines.
These are challenging times, however we have always appreciated your custom and our doors remain open to continue giving a warm five-star welcome to all our guests at The Merchant Hotel.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Reservations Team email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 28 9023 4888.
The Merchant Hotel will be closed until the 31st May 2020. We will keep the situation under regular review and keep the channels of communication open for guests with bookings beyond this date. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. If you have an urgent enquiry, please contact us on +44 (0) 28 9023 4888..Close