We are delighted to announce that The Merchant Hotel has secured the new AA COVID Confident Mark for our health and safety commitment.
This UK-wide accreditation certifies The Merchant Hotel as having all the necessary assessments, safety measures and staff training in place to operate safely and in line with all official guidelines.
This latest accreditation is in addition to The Merchant Hotel’s 2-Rosette Restaurant accolade and also recently obtaining Visit Britain’s ‘We’re Good To Go’ consumer safety standard, which is supported by Tourism Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Hotels Federation.
We are strictly adhering to government advice and are continually monitoring our protocols in line with ongoing updates on best practise and social distancing. All documents we are sharing with our staff and guests remain working documents and are amended in line with government and local Executive legislation and guidelines.
Within the hotel, cleanliness and hygiene has always been of the utmost importance, however we have significantly increased our daily cleaning procedures and introduced a new rigorous disinfecting regime thanks to our dedicated Housekeeping team.
Here are just a few of the initiatives we’ve put in place throughout the entire Merchant Hotel:
- Before returning to work all Merchant Hotel employees will undergo a new Covid-19 Induction course to be aware of the nature and spread of the disease and will complete a bespoke risk assessment for themselves personally and for the department they will work within to ensure they know how to implement and ensure our cleaning regime is practised.
- All areas of the hotel are cleaned and thoroughly sanitized with the use of Oxivir disinfectant spray. Oxivir is a highly effective disinfectant which is used in hospitals and has been formulated specifically for controlling pathogen outbreaks and cleaning ‘high-risk’ infection areas. Staff have been trained in the use of our Oxivir disinfectants as well as personal and environmental hygiene protocols and are proactively preventing the spread of Covid-19.
- Increased public area housekeeping staffing will focus on high 'touch-point’ cleanliness continuously throughout the day.
- New hotel bedroom and meeting room cleanliness regimes have been implemented focussing upon Hepa filter vacuum cleaners; colour coded microfibre cloths for cleaning; industrial steam cleaners for bathrooms, hard surfaces and soft furnishing; Air-Steril purification systems; and certified pre and post infection control measures and procedures. Post cleaning door seals will be attached to all bedroom and meeting room doors to create guest assurance of a sterile environment awaiting them.
- Appropriate PPE equipment will be worn by employees when required to ensure guest and staff safety.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located at all entrances, communal guest locations and staff areas within the hotel and anti-bacterial soap is available in all restrooms for your use, as well as all staff areas.
- Appropriate social distancing will be practised in all public areas and food and beverage outlets within the hotel. Signage and floor stickers will be implemented to assist with this.
- Single use menus will be implemented or digital solutions offered depending on guest preference.
- Cashless transactions are encouraged in all areas of the hotel.
- Digital literature and newspaper option made available to all guests.
- Occupancy will be capped at a reduced level to ensure social distancing is easier to maintain in guest corridors and lifts and to allow, where possible, the ability for a bedroom to be left unoccupied between guests to further assist the effectiveness of our cleaning regimes.
- Our housekeeping team will provide a luxury turndown service on each evening of your stay. If you do not wish to avail of this service, please hang your Shush sign outside your bedroom door.
Unfortunately a number of these actions mean that there will be a reduction of more personal guest services to limit contact where social distancing may be difficult to implement such as valet parking, concierge room escort, luggage handling and a welcoming handshake. If assistance is required with luggage then this can be arranged and all details regarding guest facilities will be outlined in a pre-stay email. Whilst there will be a low touchpoint check in and check out service available for residents this will in no way affect the warmth of welcome.
We will continue to ensure that hygiene and cleanliness remain our top priority throughout every facet of our operation. Needless to say, if unfortunately you are feeling ill or have a compromised immune system, please stay safe and adhere to government guidelines.
These are challenging times, however we have always appreciated your custom and cannot wait to open our doors and continue giving a warm five-star welcome to all our guests at The Merchant Hotel.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Reservations Team email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 28 9023 4888.